You are at home > personal > gastric bypass
I HAD MY SURGERY ON TUESDAY, JULY 15, 2003.Observations
- I am being able to sit in chairs with arms, and not be iserably
uncomfortable. I first noticed this at a support group meeting. Hurray!
- Jeans that were uncomfortably tight before Isaac was conceived
are now quite comfortable. UPDATE: I have gone from Women's size 32 to Missy
- I can get off the floor withough a forklift. I'm not exactly
graceful about it, but I can do it!
- My knees haven't been hurting.
- My hunger is quite low. I frequently have to remind myself it's
time to eat something. The downside is that I keep waiting for my body to let
me know I need to drink water, and it doesn't do so.
- A meal from a restaurant is good for at least two meals, if not
- It's getting easier to walk longer distances.
I will be working on updating the pages when/as I have energy,
time, and something to add. Although the surgery is not comfortable (drugs can
be our friends!), I am very glad I did it! I feel like I have been given a new
chance at life. I do have to publicly acknowledge that I am not at all sure I
could do it without the help and support of David, who has been wonderful
throughout the whole process. He has never failed to be there for me and has
been completely supportive the whole time.
Date last modified: 10/20/2004
all contents ©
2003-2004 by Eleanor Oster